Miffed that you can’t listen to online radio on your iPhone or iPod Touch? Well, with a little help from a Windows box you can listen to all the online radio you could ever want. Mind you – this can only happen on a Windows machine.
What you will need is:
You will first need to download and install the Orb server. During the install process you will need to create an Orb account.
Now, one the Orb install is done, download an install uXM (to the PC). Click on uXM’s or uSirius’a settings button and enter your email address (or username) and password you use to stream the satellite radio. Now click Start.
Once you have uXM/uSirius and Orb running on your PC – log into Orb.com on the PC you just install all the software on.
In the Orb website:
- Click Open Application
- Click Audio
- Click Favorite Channels under Internet Radio
- Click the ‘Add Custom’ link that is on the top of the new Internet Radio page.
- Type in the XM/Sirius channel name – you want to listen to
- Double click the uXM/uSirius logo in your PC’s system tray (next to the clock) and click the URLS button
- Choose the satellite channel you want to stream from the pull down menu
- Click the clipboard button
- Return to the orb website and paste the URL in the URL field
- Click save (Repeat as many times as you want for your favorite stations)
Now on your iPhone or iPod touch and go to Orb.com in mobile Safari and sign in.
- Click Audio
- Click Internet Radio Favorites
- Click the channel icon for the channel you just saved
- Click Play
- Click the small play arrow in the lower right corner of the QT screen
Your stream should start. Kinda a neat hack if you have an extra Windows box kicking around. Thanks Kurt for the tip!